LINC-ED / Parent View
Dear Parents 24th July 2017
We are delighted to be able to launch the first stage of our new reporting system, LINC-ED today.
Our aim over the next three years is to implement access to the LINC ED student management system (SMS) which will allow teachers, parents, and students ongoing access to student attainment and reporting on student progress in an online environment that is secure, easily accessible by parents and providing an effective longitudinal record of students achievements at Primary School.
In terms of security, LINC-ED commissioned Andrew Horton, an internet security expert, to write a report on the security features of the system. Andrew reported that the system was “as secure as some banks”.
LINC-ED allows teachers to share learning anytime, anywhere and this can be viewed on any device. We are excited about the potential that the software offers. The reporting to parents side of the LINC ED student management system is designed to build on year after year so that over time parents will have access to comments, assessments, images, video and helpful resources all in one place.
As communicated last term, Queenspark School will go ‘live’ with reporting to parents for all Year 4 to 8 students on Monday 24th July 2017. (First day back for Term 3). This will be in time for the Reporting to Parent meetings being held during weeks 1 and 2 of Term 3.
What do I have to do as a parent?
- Make sure the email you have registered at the office as your contact email address is actually the one you will use for accessing the LINC ED Parent View page.
- If possible attend the LINC ED parent evenings to be held once a term between 7pm to 8pm. We will advise of the dates for Terms 3 and 4 once our initial LINC ED launch has happened and the reporting to parent events have been completed.
- Don’t panic if you can’t attend the initial LINC ED evening as there will be several LINC ED parent sessions over the next four terms.
- Don’t panic as all Year 4 to 8 teachers will help you log in to your Parent View page at the Reporting to Parents meetings in Term 3.
- Don’t panic if you do not have internet access at home. We can provide you with a paper copy of National Standard and Curriculum Reports.
- Don’t panic as parents can access your LINC ED Parent View page via a LINC ED App for iPhones and Androids and parents can access their LINC ED Parent View at any of the public libraries in New Zealand via free internet access.
Important to note:
- You will not be able to log in until MONDAY 24th That is when we go ‘live’.
- The following instructions are the LINC ED Parent View Page support for you. They are there for you On Monday 24th July 2017.
How do I access my child’s LINC-ED page?
Step 2: Your username is the email address that you have previously shared with the school. Enter your email and then click Get New Password.
Step 3: An email will be sent to you containing a link for you to click on. The link will take you to a page where you will see your new password. If you choose to personalise this, you can delete the generated password and enter your own strong, secure password.
Step 4: Enjoy this new era in reporting to parents and being connected to your child’s learning at primary school.
If you have any problems with access please contact: email@example.com
Our plan for the future use of LINC ED
Over the next three (3) years our teaching, learning support and administration staff will go through intensive professional development and training on the effective use of LINC ED as a Student Management System.
It is the requirement of the Ministry of Education that all schools in New Zealand have a digital student management system linked to a school network. At Queenspark School we are taking the first steps towards using LINC ED to manage our student achievement data and connect our parent community to student learning.
LINC ED Parent View – Laptop access for parents:
A laptop, specifically for parent-access to LINC ED has been set up in the school admin office area. This will allow parents who have had difficulty logging on to LINC ED Parent View to access technical assistance if needed.
Parents who do not have home access to the internet can use this laptop to access their LINC ED ‘Parent View’.
Please read below for quick access to the LINC ED App for parents and Parent View password setup:
- Install the LINC-ED App – https://linc-ed.zendesk.com/
hc/en-us/articles/ 115001600483-Install-the-LINC- ED-App
- Personalising your password (For Parents) – https://linc-ed.zendesk.com/
hc/en-us/articles/ 115003694263-Personalising- your-password-for-parents-