International Student Programme at Queenspark School:
Anyoung haseyo, Konnichiwa, Namaste,
Kia ora, Welcome
Thank you for showing interest in enroling your child into our International Student programme at Queenspark School.
We enrol a number of International Students at Queenspark School. We have been fortunate to have students from Korea, China and Japan who have already previously enjoyed our ESOL programme. We welcome enquiries from all families and agents and look forward to you being part of the team here at Queenspark School.
Being a signatory of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016, Queenspark School may enrol International fee-paying students. Our policies and procedures are in line with the National Schooldocs Organisation.
All Enrolments must comply with The New Zealand Education (Pastoral Care if International Students) Code of Practice 2016-Schools and New Zealand Immigration Regulations.
International Student Brochure (includes fee structure and enrolment form):
Download our full brochure here:
- You must pay in full in advance for the period of study you request.
- All fees are calculated in complete weeks and any part of a week is counted as a full week.
- In order to be eligible for any refund parents must apply in writing to the Board of Trustees.
- If notice of cancellation is received in writing two weeks before the start of the course, full tuition fees will be refunded, less the government levy.
- If a student wishes to cancel further study after the course has started, costs already incurred will be deducted according to the length of study already undertaken.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, no refund is payable to a student who withdraws in the second half of the course.
- Extra fees are incurred for: Camps, Senior Technology, Swimming and other outdoor activities.
Home Stay accommodation is dependent on availability.
The student must be 10-13 years old.
Cost is approximately $250-280 per week (to be confirmed at time of placement)
School Term dates:
For School Term Dates and Public Holidays www.education.govt.nz
All students are main-streamed into their year level and they attend ESOL a couple of times a week either in pairs or one on one, depending on their English ability.
Our programme is innovative and exciting and we ensure the students learn in an educational and supportive classroom. Celebrating the wonderful different cultures we have within our school and learning to value these is part of our daily classroom programmes and our school life.
현재 저희 학교에는 다양한 국제 학생들이 등록되어 있습니다. 특별히 한국 학생들과 일본 학생들이 현재 ESOL 프로그램에 참여하여 수업을 하고 있습니다. 모든 국제 학생들은 각자의 나이에 따른 학년의 수업에 참여하고 있으며, 개인의 영어 능력에 따라 두 명 혹은 일대일로 일주일에 몇 차례씩 ESOL 수업을 받고 있습니다. 모든 학생들은 개인의 능력에 맞게 짜여진 개별 프로그램에 참가하고 그에 따라 평가를 받습니다. 또한 저희 학교에는 열정적인 정교사와 보조교사가 있어 외국에서 온 학생들을 효과적으로 가르치고 있습니다. 또 재미있고 혁신적인 내용을 가지고 행해지는 수업은 국제 학생들에게 교육적이고 효율적인 수업을 제공할 것입니다. 다른 문화를 이해하고 그 문화의 가치를 배우고 인정하는 것은 저희 학교 교육의 일환으로 일상 수업의 현장에서 매일 이루어 지고 있습니다.
Welcome to Christchurch
Please visit the link below to check out all the exciting things Christchurch has to offer: