Enrolling your Child at Queenspark
Your child is legally entitled to start school at five years of age.
Once your child turns 4 years, please contact the school office to pick up an enrolment form. Following this, we will invite you and your child to meet our Junior Team Leader and also attend our New Entrant family meeting the term prior to them starting school. This enables the child to meet the teacher and become familiar with the new surrounding. Three visits to the class are also arranged at the same time. It is also an opportunity to fill in the forms necessary for enrolment.
- Completed enrolment form
- Immunisation Record – families are required to produce evidence that all vaccinations have been completed.
- Birth Certificate or proof of identity
The first day at school a New Entrant requires:
- School bag (not too small)
- Play lunch – wrapped separately and named
- Plastic drink bottle
- Named clothing
- Sun hat (Terms 1 and 4 only)
Help your child at home before coming to school by:
- Encouraging the learning of name and address well enough to repeat it
- Getting to know the way to and from school
- Talking about school so that there is an awareness of some of the activities, and that it will be a happy and interesting place to be
- Reading and enjoying books together
- Talking about walks, holidays, shopping and any other family experience
- Using scissors
- Printing name (only first letter with a capital)
- Putting away equipment and toys after using them
- Putting on and doing up shoes and coat
- Using a tissue
- Flushing the toilet and washing hands afterwards.
New Entrants are dismissed daily at 3.00 pm.
Starting School at Queenspark:
Please read the following information as it has some very important points that may help you with regard to starting at our school as a New Entrant. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
2018 & 2019: We are not currently taking any Out of Zone enrolments and are unable to hold a ballot for all of 2018 and 2019. We will issue an update if this changes.
Once we are able to begin accepting out of zone enrolments, the following will apply:
If you are living outside of the enrolment zone, you may contact the school office for an ‘out-of-zone’ enrolment /application form. A ballot is taken place every Term for out of zone families. You will be notified by letter if your application has been successful or not within 3 days of the ballot taking place. If we are able to offer you a position outside of the ballot times, we will again notify you by letter notification. To check if your are living in-zone or out-of -zone, please preview our zone page on this section of our website.
Each term, the Board will review the roll and decide whether there are any vacancies in the following term for students living outside of the zone and will decide whether it has general vacancies or just vacancies in specified year levels only. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received. It will also mention the date of the ballot if this should take place.
Please contact the school office 03 383-1578 for further out-of-zone information.